CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO SHARE YOUR SCHOOL EXPERIENCES IN CONFIDENTIALITY!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chris' Story: "The fat guy"

They are human beings too!
Chris was recently faced with the often scary world of high school. He described himself as being "that fat kid in the class."   According to Chris, he often pretends to be sick just so that he won't have to go to school. He recounts a recent experience where his class had gift exchange:

Presents should create a smile not a frown!
"When I picked the name from the bag, I was surprised so see that I had picked ***** name. I like her a lot but I am not really her type. I spent days picking the perfect gift for her. When the day came to share the gifts, I gave mine to her but she was not too thrilled that I had picked her name. After spending so much time finding the gift, she didn't even open it. It was now my turn to receive my gift and I was surprised again to see that a girl named ******* had picked my name. She gave me a big, heavy  present and I was eager to see what was in it. When I opened the rapper the basket was filled with weight loss books, a few supplements and pills as well as a resistance band and a diet food cook book. Also there was a card and in the card ******* mother wrote that as a mother herself she is just trying to save me. It had never occurred to me that I need to be saved! All my classmates laughed at me and I ran and looked myself in the bathroom. I hate school and I hate the fact that I am teased because I am bigger!"

This is certainly one of those sad experiences that can cause children to really hate school. Chris needs our help to build his self confidence and rebuild his liking for school because there can be great experiences that he would miss. If you have a similar story or another experience then use the FILL OUT MY FORM BUTTON at the top of the page. All experiences are submitted anonymously.  If you would like to say something to Chris then comment on this post. Chris is looking forward to your comments. Additionally, I have placed a link to a nice ebook that tells you how to build self confidence. Check it out by clicking on the post title.

You will never know how much it hurts unless you experience it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment. The Person that contributed this story is looking forward to your comment.